The English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC) makes recommendations regarding programs for students with second language needs. The purpose of the ELAC is to provide parents of English Learners opportunities to:
- Learn more about the programs offered to their children
- Participate in the school’s needs assessment of students, parents, and teachers
- Provide input in the most effective ways to support full participation of English Learners in all school activities
- Advise the principal and staff in the development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the School Site Council for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Provide input on the most effective ways to ensure regular school attendance